Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Prescott

I know that there is an anonymous person out there who both doesn't like my odd ramblings and doesn't know how to spell. But since this is my blog, I can pretty much do whatever I want. It has been almost a week up here and things are going well. Gas can be found for $2.20 a gallon. My job is going well, even just three days into it, things are getting done. Yet it is becoming apparent to me that I might get pretty bored this winter with what work I will have to do. Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Anyhow here are some photos from the project. Some or most of them you might find rather uninteresting, but then so goes the life of an engineer. I have always said that with construction it is for the most part rather boring, until something goes wrong, then it is exciting.
This one is kind of hard to see, but that is me in the guts of the bridge. When the bridge is open the whole area I am standing in is flipped 90 degrees. Obviously I have yet to be in this area while the bridge is in motion. But one can hope.

Probably the most exciting thing that happened to day was lowering these beams for the new sanitary sewage tank down into the operators house. We shut down the bridge to traffic twice for about 15 minutes. Drivers were real happy with us.

Here is my truck on the bridge. We shut down two lanes of the bridge so we could work on it. And since I am in charge I can pretty much park wherever I would like.


This is a bad panoramic that I spliced together looking north off of the bridge.I will try to get some more exciting stuff up on the blog. This weekend I am going camping on the Might Mississip with Nate and company. That should promise to bring out a good story or two. Then again Nate is going to be there, so of course there will be stories. And most of them will be long. But there should also be some photo ops. On a last little side note, the night before my move I went out with Nate and Jay. And this is the honest truth, the longest story told that night was by of all people Jay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick,
The gas in Texas was $2.12 a gallon. Even near Chicago it was just $2.21, then welcome back to Wisconsin.