Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Question for the Married Ladies Out There

I have been having some problems understanding women. So I thought I would throw together a poll to help me understand. Recently I had a friend. I will call him Tom. Tom is married and just got into a bunch of hot water with his wife. Tom was out with myself and some of Tom's other close friends, one whom he hasn't seen in a year and another he hasn't seen in close to 4 or 5 years. I think it is safe to say that this was in fact a rare occasion. That being the case, we ended up having a couple drinks and we quickly lost track of time. Easy to do when you have having fun with friends. Tom didn't get home until 4 in the morning. His late arrival wasn't even his fault. Tom had lost his keys and had to call his lovely wife to have her let him in the house. It took four phone calls before she answered the phone and then finally let him in the house. The next morning Tom's lovely wife didn't even want to talk to him. I have spoke to a number of women on this topic and they said that the reason she was mad was that he didn't call. So why do women want there husband's to call if they are going to be home late. Answer, because they are worried something might have happened to them. Well if she was so worried, why did it take her 4 calls before she answered? So my question to the married women out there is how late can your married man stay out. Obviously there is a cut off in your mind, where you say you won't be mad at him. Suppose Tom had been home at 9 that evening. Probably not in trouble. But 4 in the next morning and he is the worst husband in the world. I don't get it.
What is the latest time that a married man should stay out with his friends?
11:00 p.m.
Midnight
1:00 a.m.
2:00 a.m.
2:30 (bar time)
4:00 a.m.
I don't care. (This answer means you are a liar)
I hope he never comes back.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

From what I have heard, the answer lies somewhere between midnight and 2 in the morning. But here is what I don't understand. Suppose Tom has to do certain things in the morning, I.E. Frank the Tank and he must go to Home Depot pick up some wall paper then Bed Bath and Beyond. As long as he is able to do what he is suppose to do, what difference does it make how much sleep he gets or when he comes home. Seriously, ladies, you go to sleep at 10 on a Friday night, what is the difference between midnight and 4 in the morning. You are sleeping!!!! Why should you care how much sleep your husband gets, as long as he is able to function as a husband the next day. Shouldn't you be happy that he is out with his friends that he hasn't seen in a while.

Here is another question for you married ladies out there. What if Tom spent all day at my house from 8 in the morning until 9 at night. Suppose he was helping me build a deck or something. Would you be mad? Why does the time of day that a married man spends with his friends make any difference? And don't give me any crap about getting into trouble. I know just about all of Tom's friends. We are all professional people with real jobs and homes. I get into the most trouble of any of his friends. And what is the worst that I have done, get kicked out of a bar? Big deal. I know parents always say, nothing good can come of being out that late. And to a degree they are correct, but we are adults. I think we can make good sound judgements. I realize how much trouble you can get in at 3 in the morning talking about old times sitting around a fire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not married, but the there are a couple problems with being out late. The first is if you aren't the soundest sleeper then when the drunk or not drunk husband comes home they will wake you up and disrupt your sleep. 4am seems really late for that aspect. Second you would be worried, because unless you know beforehand 2:30 (bar time) seems more reasonable and any time after that starts to get a woman worried that something bad happened. That is what causes people to be upset.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with Ann, and a phone call could'nt hurt.

Rickie Davies said...

So what you are telling me is that if someone wakes you up at 4 in the morning you are mad because it disrupts your sleep? Please tell me I got your first argument correct. In that case, do yourself a huge favor and never have a child, because here is a news flash for you. Kids wake up in the middle of the night. Often times at 3 or 4 in the morning. By your reasoning you would be upset with your child every night.
You second argument, you are upset because you are worried. In this case she was so worried that it took four phone calls from me, and she knew I was with Tom, to answer the phone. On top of that she is so worried that she doesn't even want to hear the explaination for Tom's tardiness once we talk to her. That sounds like real concern.

As for the third argument, a phone call wouldn't hurt. You are absolutely correct. A phone call wouldn't hurt. And there is no reason why Tom's wife couldn't be proactive an make that call. I know for a fact that their home phone is capable of both receiving AND making calls.

Here is another argument I have. Listen up. I have two brothers who are tree trimmers. Often they get called out after a thunderstorm to do repair work. Sometimes they are out all night and don't come home until 4 in the morning. Do their wives get angry when that happens? No. In fact they feel sympathy for them. But both of these brothers know that if they were out with friends until 4 in the morning their would be hell to pay. I am not getting it.

Anonymous said...

There would not be hell to pay if they told their wives they would be out later than bar time. If they are out with you that should be expected.

Even a call to say hey I am going to breakfast after bar time is greatly appreciated.

I am sure the same respect would occur if the wife was out with her friends until 4:00