Monday, November 24, 2008

Neil Diamond

Last night was Neil Diamond. It was a pretty good night for me. I got home from work and grilled up some venison tenderloins on the barbie. Around 7 I headed for downtown Milwaukee. I ended up caving a little sooner than I had hoped for tickets. I had the setlist and I knew that he was starting with Holly Holy and I wanted to catch that. I ended up settling for floor seats, in the third row of the second section back from the stage. So I was about 30 rows back from the stage. Face value for the ticket was $120 and I got it for $60. Plus I brought in a flask, so I had 2 $4 Captain and Cokes over the duration of the show. I know that he had cancelled and postponed shows in the past because of voice issues. But Neil sounded much better than I expected. Neil sang nearly the exact setlist that I posted last week. His stage presence was everything I expected, Neil has always been quite the poser which is fine. Neil seemed to have a lot of energy throughout the show and he did a fair amount of talking with the crowd. He did play a couple of new songs. One of which was called "Don't Go There", that is flat out just a stupid song. I did notice during the show that the crowd couldn't keep a beat to save their lives. A song would start and by the chorus everyone was clapping out of beat. Overall it was a good show, and much better than sitting and watching the Packers get absolutely shellacked. The camera Nazi security guards were out in full force, one of whom was sitting literally 7 feet away from me. Meaning I wasn't able to get any pictures Neil on stage, but I did manage to capture this video of the end of "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great video! I feel like I was at the show :-)
Lisa