Monday, May 18, 2009

Office Cleaning

I cleaned my office at home. Basically going through all of my old papers that I have in my filing cabinet. This is the stack of papers from my files that I threw out.Here are some gems that I ran across. How about a Gas Bill from June 1998? I can probably toss that.Here is a credit card statement from 1994. Applebee's, nice work. I think that was back when I worked there. Did you know that I was a bus boy and a bar back?Here is a paycheck from my days at The Village of Shorewood, one of my college internships. I was making a whopping $8.00 an hour. I also found a bunch of credit cards that were sent to me that I never even activated. This one is actually pretty good. It was 1996. Kaker and I went to Summerfest and we were at the Miller Oasis to see WAR, as you can tell from the stage lineup sheet below. Somehow after the show we got ourselves back stage and hung out with the band. I really wasn't that big of a deal, because the only remaining member from the original band was the guitarist. We hung out with them for about an hour or so, and then they were hitting the road to head down to Chicago because they were playing the Taste of Chicago the next night. As they were heading out, I asked if I could get their autographs. They said sure, do you have anything to write on. I didn't, so I took the lineup sheet off the wall.The funny thing about getting their autographs, and I remember this clearly. I didn't have a pen, but I saw that the drummed did as he was getting a phone number for a girl. I ran over to him and grabbed the pen out of his hand. At this point, the entire band was starting to get onto their bus. I was running around on the bus getting these autographs. As I getting back off the bus I passed the drummer as he was getting on. He stopped me and said, "Hey man. Can I have my pen back?" I remember thinking, you are in a rock and roll band. Why do you care about a pen? I gave it back to him, but made him give me his autograph. Here are their signatures.Here is the topper of all of my finds in my cleaning. An autographed picture from the Dousman Index of Krum from his high school days. Do you think it is worth anything?

No comments: