Thursday, April 01, 2010

Summer Itinerary

Maybe it is the weather, but I am already starting to look forward to the summer. Things are slowly filling up, but I would say in another month or so, nearly every weekend will be spoken for. Tops on my list are the Milwaukee Festivals. I am going to try to make it to each of the following Festivals for at least one day: Polish Fest, Summerfest, Bastille Days, Festa Italiana, German Fest and Irish Fest. I have never been to either Polish Fest or Irish Fest. I like these smaller festivals, because you can actually walk around the festival grounds without getting felt up. Not that I always mind getting felt up. So let me throw some dates out there for you.
May 1st: Roman's Bachelor Party

May 15th: Roman's Wedding (Probably a good thing to have two weeks between bachelor party and wedding so that the soon to be Mrs. has time to cool down)

May 22nd: T.J.'s Wedding

June 4th & 5th: Verge Festival (Weezer is playing on the 5th. I would really like to go to that, but I don't really want to reschedule my party.)

June 5th: The Antonio Freeman Party (I am guarantying that it will be warmer than last year)

June 6th: Miller Ride for the Arts (I will probably just do the 25 mile course. Any more and I will have a hard time sitting.)

June 12th: Elkhart Lake Triathlon (I don't know that I am going to do all four triathlons listed, it looks doubtful, but I would like to get in two for sure. But if I did do all four, that would keep me in pretty good shape for the entire summer)

June 18th-20th: Polish Fest

June 19th: High Cliff Triathlon

June 24th-July 4th: Summerfest (I am going to miss both weekends of Summerfest)

June 26th: Wiffleball Tournament

June 26th: Jimmy Buffett at Alpine Valley (I will be unable to attend)

June 27th: U2 concert in Minneapolis (At Gopher Stadium)

July 3rd: Dave Matthews Band at Alpine Valley

July 4th: Annual Sherman Party

July 4th: Dave Matthews Band at Alpine Valley

July 8th: Storm the Bastille 5K Run (The best 5K in the area)

July 8th-July 11th: Bastille Days

July 11th: Pewaukee Triathlon (This race, I know fills up fast)

July 15th-July 18th: Festa Italiana

July 22nd-July 25th: German Fest (Sheepshead tournament)

July 24th: Jack Johnson at Alpine Valley

August 14th: Phish at Alpine Valley

August 19th-August 22nd: Irish Fest

August 28th: Brian's Wedding

September 4th: Lake Country Half Marathon (It is highly unlikely that I will run this, but stranger things have happened)

September 9th-September 12th: Camping on the Mississippi

September 19th: Devils Lake Triathlon

I know that their is a Shrimp Boil/Horseshoe Tournament and a trip to Eagle River also somewhere in there. I would also like to get in at least 5 or 6 Brewer games. And I am keeping my finger crossed that Pearl Jam comes to Alpine. I think there is going to be at least one weekend night of pool volleyball with a mix of ping pong at the Davies residence. Oh and if I am missing any events, please let me know so I can update my list and my calendar

If anyone is interested in riding shotgun for any of these events let me know.

No comments: