Friday, December 17, 2010

Pink Floyd

Last Saturday I went to see the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra play Pink Floyd. It was at The Riverside. I intended to scalp a ticket to get in the show. But when I got down to The Riverside at 8:01 p.m. there were only two people standing outside and they were both smokers. So I had to buy a ticket to the show. But I still saved all of the service fees.

As for the show itself. It was just OK. The first half of the show was Dark Side of the Moon front to back, or I guess it would be beginning to end. The second half of the show was pretty much a Pink Floyd greatest hits. I really didn't think that the orchestra added that much. To me it just seemed like a really good Pink Floyd cover band with an orchestra playing with them. Nothing all that special. And the lead singer didn't really fit as far as I was concerned. He was from New Orleans and had a southern accent. I didn't take any pictures and I didn't feel like taking too much video. So here is the only worthwhile video I shot.

No comments: