Friday, September 25, 2009

Money Money Money

I am not sure if people really know what I do at work or not. But let me give you a little look into what is my world at work. I am the project engineer overseeing all inspection and administration for the resurfacing project of USH 45 from Kewaskum to Eden. I inspect the work that the contractor performs and I make sure that what they do is done correctly and safely. I measure up the work that they do. I think you saw my post the other day where we (and again when I say we, I mean the contactor) had to place a culvert pipe on top of quick sand. It was up to me to decide how we were going to fix that problem. And now a couple days later I can tell you it turned out just fine. Another one of my tasks at the office is to produce estimates for the work done, which go to the contractor as payment for their work. And where does all of this money come from? Well it is tax payer money. Your money. I protect the interest of the public to make sure that what they pay for is what they get. The reason I am going into all of this detail to my job is because today I produced what I believe is the largest estimate I have ever put out. Basically what I am trying to say is that today I spent $578,510.04 of your money. Pretty scary.

No comments: