Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Public Apology

Last night I went to the Neil Diamond concert. Just a fabulous show. Thank you Neil. I was suppose to go to the concert with my friend, Shauntelle. Originally Shauntelle attempted to buy 2 tickets online when tickets went on sale, but she accidentally got 3 and I gladly took the extra ticket off of her hands. Before the show last night, I had my Fantasy Football League draft, which incidentally I pretty much clean up on, and I don't see any possible way that I can lose the league. Nonetheless I told Shauntelle that I either meet her at Buck Bradley's across the street from the Bradley Center before the show or I would meet her in the seats. Well one thing led to another and I ended up getting downtown a little bit later than I had anticipated. As I was walking into the Bradley Center, and the concert was just about to start, I struck up a conversation with one of the scalpers. For some reason I just can't resist. I inquired to see if he had any floor seats and how much they were going for. Since the show was just about to start, and their weren't too many people milling around outside looking for tickets, I had this guy right were I wanted him. And this is how our conversation pretty much went.
I said "So how much for a floor seat?"
He replied "Your ticket and $40."
"I will give you $10."
"No way. $30."
"See you later." And I started walking away.
"Alright alright $20."
"I only got $10 on me."
"Fine. $10."
I opened my wallet to give him the money and he could see that I had more than $10 and he said, "Come on man at least give me a couple singles." I don't think so.
I upgraded from Section 210 Row U in the back corner to Section 1 on the floor Row UUU, 20 rows back from the stage right on one of the center aisles. I walked onto the Bradley Center floor to head to my seat at the very same time that Neil set foot out on to the stage. I quickly found my seat and as I was sitting there in the great seats between Karen and Joan, who had an average age of 62, I realized what I horrible person I am with whom to go to a concert. I still had a smile on my face, because I was absolutely loving my seats, and I quickly became friends with both Karen and Joan. I am quite sure that they are going to remember me from the concert. So this is where my apology comes in. To anyone who I have gone to a concert with and I have ditched or didn't meet because I wanted to get better seats, I am sorry. I don't know what it is about me, but at concerts I just want a great experience and for me the closer I get to the stage is one of the main ingredients for a great concert. And the sad part is that I will continue to strive for better seats when I go to a concert. Apparently I need some sort of help. Now don't feel too bad for Shauntelle, she did have a friend with her, and I did go up a visit and sit with them for a couple songs. Well if you are interested here is the set list from last night:
Crunchy Granola Suite
Desiree
Remember Me
Beautiful Noise
Cherry Cherry
Play Me
Love on the Rocks
America
Forever in Blue Jeans
You Don't Bring Me flowers
September Morn
Band intros - new song made up with names
Signs
J.L. Seagull Trilogy:
Be
Lonely Looking Sky
Skybird
Holly Holy
Sweet Caroline
I'm a Believer
Glory Road
And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind
Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow
Shilo
Red Red Wine
Soolamon
I am I said

Encore:
Cracklin' Rosie
Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

28 years ago we went to see Neal Diamond. Awesome then, awesome now! Karen & Joan were very fortunate to have you as 'seat-mates'. I hope they were as impressed with you as I am to know you. You're one cool dude, you enjoy life, live it to its fullest and share the wealth.
Love your site Rick, keep it up.
Love you.