Thursday, November 01, 2012

Doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor and doctor

Nothing like a trip to the doctor to make you feel good about yourself. A quick partial medical recap, February 2010 I had back surgery for a herniated disc. I think the surgery was a success, but I pushed things too fast in recovering and I still have lingering pain. I have been on a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory ever since. I see my doctor about every 6 months to renew my prescriptions and they usually take some blood to make sure the drugs aren't destroying my kidneys. On my visit today my doctor informed me that my blood pressure is starting to get a little higher than he would like. The first thing he said was that I need to loose some weight. I am about 6' 3" and shrinking. And I tipped the scales today at 233 pounds with my jacket on. My goal is to get down to 220 before I go skiing at then end of the month. And I would really like to get down to 205 by my birthday. This is my heads up to all who give me a hard time about my New Years Resolutions, they are coming back again, and probably starting sooner than December 1st. I will officially post my resolutions December 1st, but this year I have decided on 2 things to add to the list. The first is to learn to ride a unicycle. My brother calls me a one trick pony because all I can do is juggle. I also have a goal of juggling 4 clubs at the Freeman party this year. My second resolution is to band myself from ice cream and custard. Gillies is going to lose some revenue. Tonight I am head to my college roommate, Bob's, house to play some ping pong. So that is today.

No comments: