Monday, June 04, 2012

Freeman Party

I have a lot of pictures to share with you, but first I would like to go through my list of thank yous.  Let me apologize in advance if I miss someone.  It was a very busy day for me and I wasn't able to notice and acknowledge all that went on.  Thank you to the following: Borky and Russ for helping with the set up.  Preston for the picnic table.  Erin for taking pictures (one of which is Pulitzer prize winning stuff).  Jody for reminding me to be nice.  Julie, Jody and Deb for helping get the food out.  Chucker and Haus for dividing up the pig.  Haus and Al for helping take out the garbage.  Diane for helping clean up the games later in the evening.  Deb for washing dishes.  Russ for the help with the next day clean up.  Dan for returning the roaster.  And obviously I want to thank everyone for coming, after all, it is the people who make the party.
Also before going into the pictures, I would like to cover what were my highlights of the day.  Haus & Leslie vs Julie & Al in their water fight.  Julie & Al won the first round, but Haus & Leslie scored a knockout for the ages in the second and final round when the drenched them with 2 buckets of water.  I wish I had video of that, but as foreshadowed eariler, Erin got the picture.  Next was Ed's one handed water balloon catch in the finals.  Staying with the water balloon theme, I have never had so many teams make to the sidewalk to sidewalk distance.  There had to be at least 10 teams.  Joey's early round domanance followed by his crushing defeat later on in musical chairs.  Last would have to be Julia walking around all night with a broken chair signed by Haus and myself.  
For those keeping score at home here is a quick rundown of the winners:
Kid's Leaky Cup: Hollywood and Boomer
Kid's 3 Legged Race: Hollywood and "E"
Adult 3 Legged Race: Haus and Butter Muffins
2 x 4 Race: Pookie and Butter Muffins
Kid's Water Balloon Toss: Nick Malak and Bryanna
Adult Water Balloon Toss: M.K.A. and The General
Rock Paper Scissors: Brody
Kids Musical Chairs: Erin
Ladies Musical Chairs: Pocahontas
Men's Musical Chairs: Haus.
Alright now let's get to the pictures.  First would be the guess of honor, Borky the Pig.  Everyone I talked to liked the pig.  I was a big fan as well.  Until something better comes along, look forward to years of partying with a pig at the Freeman Party.
 Here is Haus up in a tree helping set up the sheepshead table light.  Last year my brother in law, Tim, had trouble seeing the cards and needed my camping head light.  I had putting a light in the tree on my list of improvements from last year.  After it was put in, I had my doubts, but when I came around the house at around 8:30, there was little doubt that Tim could see the cards.
Brody in Leaky Cup
 Zach and Princess in the 3 legged race
 Deb and Al in the 3 legged race.
 Pocahontas and Leslie in the 3 legged race.
 Pookie and M.K.A.
And the champions of the 3 legged race: Haus and Butter Muffins
 Hollywood, Joey and Jacob enjoying the games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good times as always buddy!! Great job!!

Roman