Friday, June 29, 2012

Summerfest

Yes I have been a slacker lately on the blog.  Here are some pictures from Summerfest Wednesday.  I got picked up by Nancy (Godwife), Brian (Green Hat), Jake and Lauren.  Lauren requested to not sit by my on the ride down because I was too sweaty.  Which was entirely true.  It was just minutes after entering the festival grounds that the younger Jake and Lauren ditched us old folks.  But that was fine.  When I go to Summerfest with the Eggeners (I think it is 3 or 4 years in a row now) the second order of business (the first is to get a beverage) we go to the "Spot".  The "Spot" is the location on the festival grounds where Brian and Nancy first met.  Here they are at the spot.
As you can see from this picture they were moved from the memories.  Still waters run deep.

 One of the other things I wanted to see was the new BMO Harris stage.  Here it is.  It looks great, I have tickets to see My Morning Jacket on this stage in August.  Joe, it will be a great time.

A couple group photos once we met up with the rest of our party, Jon, Julie, Tony, Al and Leslie.  And look Lauren and Jake ran out of money so they tracked down Nancy.

 Jon and Julie ran into their friends, Marty and Jerry.

Oh look we found the martini lounge.  I am guessing our group dropped an easy $300 at that stage.


 I just had to get a picture of this.  Another satisfied customer. 
 Kool and the Gang walking off stage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are you friends with Leslie

Julie said...

Via sister-in-law Julie