Saturday, September 15, 2012

Elvis

Friday night I went to see the 3 Faces of Elvis show at the Pabst Theater with my friend, Kristin.  It was pretty good.  I scored 3rd row seats dead center.  Pretty much the best seats in the house.  The early Elvis was pretty good.  The middle Elvis was the worst of the 3, probably because he wasn't that good looking of a guy.  He also couldn't pull off the black leather suit.  And it didn't even look like it was leather, more like fake leather.  There was something about his pants that just didn't look right.  But obviously my favorite is the 70's fat Elvis.  I was a bit disappointed by the white jump suit.  I really wanted the Aloha Concert white cape with the eagle on the back.  I mean can't you just badazzle a cape.  Show me some effort.  I am glad I went and it was a lot of fun.  Here is some video from the show.  Young Elvis and Jailhouse Rock
 
Here is "Comeback" Elvis, check out the pants, they just don't look right.


Fat Elvis getting into it.

I wore my Elvis glasses to the concert.  I decided that I was going to throw them up on stage for 70s fat Elvis.  Here he is wearing my glasses.  Although he never did play "You Gave Me A Mountain".

No comments: