Monday, June 06, 2011

Happy Birthday Weekend

First, I would like to thank everyone that wished me a happy birthday this past weekend. I can say that it was a happy birthday. Friday night I relaxed in my backyard and pulled the TV out of the kitchen and watched the Brewer game. I even got the fire pit going. Saturday, I did some cleaning around the house then in the afternoon I headed to my brother, Jon’s, for an impromptu pool party. There was a lot of pool volleyball to be had. And Jon and Julie were telling all of their guests that I was 40. That isn’t actually correct, I am only 38. But if you want to tell people I am 40, that is fine. It just means that there is a greater chance of people saying, “Wow, he looks really good for being 40 years old.” I would like to send out a special thank you to Jon and Julie for the party and also the 40th birthday cake. However, I would just like Jon and Julie to be aware that I have already started the planning their 50th birthday party which according to my calculations is only 3 short years away. Sunday I spent most of the day watching the Brewer Game and practicing my act for Saturday’s Freeman party. The only regret that I have from the weekend is that I should have had my Freeman Party this past weekend. Looking ahead to the Saturday and the party, there is a 30% chance of rain and the high looks to be only in the 60s. Then again what should I expect? It is after all, only the 2nd weekend of June, why should it be nice?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Funny guy... I guess I will look good for 50 if it is only 3 years away

Bubs said...

It will top 70 this weekend. I am sure of it!