Sunday, June 26, 2011

Slutter

Saturday Night Joe and I went down to see Slutter at Turner Hall. Slutter is a female KISS cover band. Across the street at the Bradley Center, Motley Crue was playing. Being that that show was nearly sold out, I didn't there would be a chance of find parking. But the biggest surprise of the night was this "Rock Star" parking spot I got a half a block from the Bradley Center. In fact there was another spot open behind my truck. How is this possible?I will be honest, I went into this show with very low expectations. I read that the doors opened at 9:30 for this show. Joe and I got downtown a little after 9:00. We made a pretty weak effort to get into the Motley Crue show. The scalpers were all gone by the time we got there. And we thought about trying to sneak in with some of the smokers outside. But we just decided to bail on that idea and we went to Major Goolsbees. It was around 10:30 when we walked into Turner Hall. There were less than 10 people in the place. But we got a great table.The band didn't come on stage until 11:15. Joe and I got right up front and we standing at the stage. They only played 12 songs. I thought they were entertaining, and much better than I was expecting. Then again I don't believe KISS songs to be that difficult to play. As is the case with the real KISS band, the only member who I believe to have great musical talent was Ace Frehley, this was also the case with Slutter. Here she is with a bit of a guitar solo.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go to get Rock Star Parking.

Roman