Thursday, June 02, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

First let me apologize. I have been slacking quite a bit here on the blog. Before I get into my recap let me describe a typical work day for yours truly.


I try (which means about 3 times a week) to get up at 6:15 a.m. and get a morning core workout in. If I don't then I am up at 7 and out the door at 7:40 a.m. for work.

I work until 4:00 p.m.

I get home around 4:30 p.m. I then proceed to get an evening core work out in.

I do 7 different kinds of sit ups and mix in about 50 push-ups as I rotate between sit-ups.

Then I have some exercises for my back.

Then 4 sets of curls, single leg lunges and calf raises each.

After that work out, I jump on my bike and get in 12 miles (down to the Harley Museum and back). That takes about 40 minutes give or take.

If I feel good after the bike I will get in a short run, between 5 and 10 minutes.

Why am I doing all of this? I still have hopes of running the Pewaukee Triathlon. I am signed up, but I also know that I am going to be in Chicago that weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that I don't come back home after the Saturday show and just stay in Chicago for another night.

After that work out then I spend at least an hour in the backyard practicing juggling. Yes, I shot my mouth off and now I have to back it up. I need my performance at the Freeman something that everyone will talk about after the party. Time will tell.

After juggling, I jump in the shower, and turn on the TV and it is about 9:00 p.m. Lately I have been trying to get into bed before 10:00 p.m.

That is a quick recap of where my day goes during the week. But you don't care about all of that, you want to know what I did over the weekend. Well here you go.

It was a good holiday weekend. Friday I had my friends, Kristen and Patrick, come into town for the weekend. We had a couple of drinks after they got into town around 10:00 p.m. Early Saturday morning Kristen and Patrick drove down to Chicago to pick up a car for Patrick’s dad. Saturday morning, I was awaken to Justus pounding on my front door. Preston and Jessica moved into the apartment across the street from me, and I was recruited to help with the move. Yes, 10 years later, Preston and Jessica are right back in the same place. It has been 10 years, right Bubs? The move actually wasn’t bad at all, they had a sufficient work force assembled and everything was rather organized. I am going to ball park it that this was easily the 10th time I have helped one of the Klinks move. Saturday afternoon was the Brewer Game. We tailgated until the 3rd or 4th inning. Here is Jon doing a beer bong. If I plan on meeting someone for tailgating, the first two things I pack are my beer bong and my juggling torches. I know, real mature. I would have to put this game easily in the top five games I have seen, a walk off suicide squeeze to win the game. Just awesome. Here is our tailgating group: Dan, Jon, Kim, Nate, Me, Troup, K.O. and Tim.After the game we stopped at Fiesta Girabaldi to buy a gift certificate, which quickly turned into one drink, then two drinks with chips and salsa, but we ended up having a full meal there. We finished up the evening at “Brewski’s” the bar right down the street from my house. Sunday, Kristen, Patrick and myself went out for a late breakfast, by late, I mean after 12:00. Later in the afternoon we tried to get into the Lake Front Brewery Tour, but it was sold out. We didn’t do too much else with our day. We went out for dinner around 7 and that was about it for the day. After breakfast Sunday morning, Kristen and Patrick headed back up to Minnesota. I decided to ride down to the lake front since it was such a beautiful day. Late Sunday afternoon, I took part in my Memorial Day tradition of watching “Saving Private Ryan”. Then I watched the Brewer Game. And that was the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brothers appreciate all of the help you have given them. I am sure they will be the subject many more blog entries in the future.

Roman