Friday, October 05, 2012

Break Out the Ben Gay

After one of Pickle's volleyball games, there was some talk about jumping and touching the rim.  Al said he could hit the rim.  Al is a product of a high profile private high school in the Wausau area.  He went on to an illustrious career at Marion College where he was known for using each and every one of the five fouls afforded him at the beginning of each game.  He would be classified as a "bruiser".  And could dunk on a regular basis.  I will give Al the benefit of the doubt and say that he got rim with this leap.
 Then Jon gave it a shot.  Al must have at least 6 inches on Jon and I didn't think Jon had a chance of touching the rim.  But just like Bob Beamon, a leap came out of no where.  If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.  I think he could have touched the top of the backboard if he wanted to.  Thankfully I had my camera with me and was able to get a picture of this leap for the ages.
I know what you are going to say, "Why didn't you show off your leaping skills?"  Well it isn't the leaping that I am afraid of, it is coming back down to earth.  I need to get myself healthy before I try an crazy endeavors which could lead to injury.  See I am a maturing very slowly.  Plus, how do you follow Jon after he nearly got his elbow caught in the rim.