Thursday, March 29, 2012

Freeman Party

I was going to wait a bit on this announcement but people have been asking me about the date. So it is with great pleasure that I announce the date of this year's Freeman Party. It will be Saturday, June 2nd 2012. Any and all blog readers are encouraged to attend. This year I am looking to change things up a little bit. I am still coordinating it but I am planning on having a pig roast instead of the usual brats and burgers. If you would like to bring a dish, it would be appreciated. The party will start around 2:00 PM.
Games will be scheduled to begin around 3:00 - 3:30. As a new twist I am going to announce the games, or at least some of them. As always, there will be the kids and adult water balloon toss. (Adults must be partnered with their significant other, no exceptions) Back again will be the Rock Paper Scissors tournament and the always competitive musical chairs, kids, ladies and mens divisions. I will throw in one or two relays. But because I liked the game so much last year, I am bringing the 2 person 2x4 walk race. However, this year it will be one big open tournament and you can select your partner. I will work on the shoes to make them as comfortable as possible.
Dinner will be served shortly after the last round of musical chairs.
I also have some live entertainment lined up for all to enjoy as you finish your dinner. Yes, it is the same guy as last year, but he promised me that he would have a better performance. I know this, his performance can't get any worse than last year.
Please carefully select your dress attire, I would expect it to be cold with an excellent chance of rain. Bring your family and friends, but please get back to me with how many people will be joining you so that I can plan accordingly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big fan of the pig roast. Oink Oink.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ethan Davies said...

I will take my musical chair title again