Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dave Matthews Concert

One last note on the concerts this weekend. A number of people have asked me why I would go to the same concert two nights in a row. Don't they play the same songs? Not even close. This is one of the many reason why I like going to see this band. They don't play the same setlist every night.

Here is Saturday's set list:
Dancing Nancies
Seek Up
Proudest Monkey
Satellite
So Damn Lucky
Bartender
Corn Bread
Spoon
Eh Hee
Burning Down The House (Talking Heads cover)
Louisiana Bayou
Anyone Seen the Bridge?
Halloween
Water/Wine Jam
Out of My Hands
Crush
Money (Pink Floyd cover)
You Might Die Trying
Ants Marching

Encore:
Don't Drink the Water
Two Step

Here is Sunday's setlist:
Warehouse
Granny Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel
Old Dirt Hill
The Stone
Crash Into Me
Gravedigger
Rhyme And Reason
Stay Or Leave
Dreaming Tree
Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel cover)
Stay (Wasting Time)
Lover Lay Down
Jimi Thing
Grey Street
So Much To Say
Anyone Seen The Bridge
Too Much Intro
Lie In Our Graves
Too Much
Tripping Billies

Encore
I ll Back You Up (tease)
Corn Bread
Thank You (For Letting Me Be Myself Again)

So they only played 2 songs both nights. Over the two nights, I heard nearly every song I wanted to hear from the band. Again two great concerts. I was very surprised by the energy that they came out with on Sunday night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was going to another one of their shows this year!
Lisa

Rickie Davies said...

When I left Alpine Valley, I plugged in my MP3 player with a bunch of live DMB on it. It was like a second concert on the drive all the way up to Appleton. Before the concerts I hadn't been listening to that much Dave. But after seeing him, that is all I have been listening to. Wierd.

Anonymous said...

how was the violin players solo??????????????

Rickie Davies said...

Boyd Tinsley was pretty mellow most of the Sunday night concert. But then at the end of the show, he just went off. He normally gets a pretty solid solo in during "Lie In Our Graves". Sunday was no exception. It seemed like his solo was 2 or 3 minutes long. Extremely cool.

Anonymous said...

My Morning Jacket - look them up and plug in, people.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/