Monday, August 18, 2008

The World is Coming to an End

I have been saying for a while now that nothing that my friends do can surprise me anymore. And I still hold that to be true. I expect anything to happen. But recently there has been a series of events that are shocking, I am not surprised by any of them. And the collection of these events has made me believe that the end of the world is upon us, because while these events do not surprise me, I thought the world would end before they happened.
#1. TT is getting married this coming Saturday. TT is getting married. The guy who can eats mayonnaise like it is one of the four major food groups is getting married. By the way, I am not invited to this wedding but I will be crashing it. Anyone interested in going with me, let me know.

#2. Roman has a girlfriend. And it sounds like it is pretty serious.

#3. Staying with the Klink theme. Preston is going to be a father. December is the due date. Another generation of Klinks. Can this be? I know Preston is a loyal reader and checks in nearly daily. Maybe we can help him out with baby names. Leave a comment and I am sure he will take it under consideration.

#4. Eric is engaged. I was at this girlfriend / well now fiance's birthday party and found out. My first reaction was a disheartened "Really?" But then I started thinking. Well at least there will be a bachelor party. That night will be fun.

But as my loyal readers. I think most of you know these characters listed above. To you, which is the most shocking.
Which event is the most shocking?
TT is getting married
Roman has a girlfriend
Preston is going to be a father
Eric is engaged
Free polls from Pollhost.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite the armageddon list. All we need is the Brewers to win the world series and Brett Favre to play for a different team! I mean...UH OH!

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

Wow Rickie, I think you are right. The world is coming to an end. But the Brew still won't win the WS.

BTW - Bubs, we need a movie review. I think I'm going to go and see Tropic Thunder this week. Let's report back.

Borky

Rickie Davies said...

Here is an idea for Bubs and Borky. Why don't the two of you going and see Brokeback Mountain? If the two of you can keep your hands off each other long enough, maybe you can give us a movie review.

Anonymous said...

I saw Tropic Thunder last wed. I thought it was pretty funny. It was definitely typical Ben Stiller fare, outrageously stupid to the point it CAN be funny. However, sometimes the gags fall flat. Robert Downey Jr. stole the show with his portrayal of an Australian actor portraying a black soldier during Vietnam. He is funny regardless of whether or not you can understand him. Cameos by Tom Cruise and Matthew McConnaghy are funny, especially Tom Cruise as a prick movie exec.

The story is dumb, and apparently no one in the world is a worse shot than a vietnamese drug lord and his henchmen, but all in all it was worth seeing. I will definitely give it a gut up! As far as all of the controversy, people need to lighten up and see the movie as satire and nothing personal against any particular group of people.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

Names for Preston's child: Clive Klink, Colonel Klink, Pink Klink, Klaren Klink, Clarence Klink, Quinella Klink, Lincoln Klink (Linc for short), Klarissa Klink, Karumba Klink

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the suggestions, but we'll probably stick with something irish, although "Linc Klink" does have a nice ring to it.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

Rickie I really hope you didn't sell your gorilla suit for $$

ha ha -idiots

Borky

ATLANTA - Turns out Bigfoot was just a rubber suit. Two researchers on a quest to prove the existence of Bigfoot say that the carcass encased in a block of ice — handed over to them for an undisclosed sum by two men who claimed to have found it — was slowly thawed out, and discovered to be a rubber gorilla outfit.

The revelation comes just days after a much ballyhooed news conference was held in California to proclaim that the remains of the creature found in the North Georgia mountains was the legendary man-ape.

Steve Kulls, executive director of squatchdetective.com and host of Squatchdetective Radio, says in a posting on a Web site run by Bigfoot researcher Tom Biscardi that as the "evidence" was thawed, the claim began to unravel as a giant hoax.

First, the hair sample was burned and "melted into a ball uncharacteristic of hair," Kulls said in the posting.

The thawing process was sped up and the exposed head was found to be "unusually hollow in one small section." An hour of thawing later and the feet were exposed — and they were found to be made of rubber.