Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ethan's Birthday

Friday was Ethan's birthday party. I stopped by after work. He had some of his friends over for a day of dodgeball and swimming. In dodgeball it was Ethan and 5 of his friends against, Jon, Nick and I. The score was 6-5 in favor of Ethan and his friends when I had to retire myself due to injury. Not a shock there. Although I will be ready next year. And I hope Ethan's friend, David, can make it again. Because he was nothing but talk, and next year I am going for headshots.
Here is Ethan opening his gifts.Ethan got a phone. Anyone want the number so you can run up the phone bill?
This is an interesting photo. And I didn't notice it until I downloaded the pictures to my computer, but while Ethan was busy opening gifts, someone was in the kitchen digging into the liquor cabinet. Any guesses as to who that might be?
Later in the evening we were discussing Nick's nickname, which most blog readers probably know as to be, "Pickle". And Pickle wants a new nickname. But as Brian pointed out, nicknames aren't chosen, they are given. I worked with a guy named, "Wiener", and I am pretty sure he didn't pick that out. I still like Pickle and I doubt that is going to go away anytime soon. But I did offered up "Bonesaw" as a new alternate nickname.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David will be there


Ethan Davies

Julie said...

I am open to anyone's ideas for Nick's new nick name. My latest thought is Elvis. He has bright blue soccer shoes.