Monday, August 22, 2011

Phish

My friend, Suzanne, asked me a couple months ago if I wanted to go to the Phish concert in Chicago. I am not the biggest Phish fan. I think I have seen them 3 or 4 times. But I am always up for a concert, so I told her if she couldn't get rid of the ticket, I would be happy to go with her. Her two friends, Holly and Kim also went with us to the show. Here is the view from the hotel balcony.The concert was at the UIC Pavillion, which is pretty small, which makes it a great place for a concert. I would go back for another concert anytime. On the walk there I came across the Bluesmobile. "It is 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, its dark out and we are wearing sunglasses.....Hit it"
They had one parking lot for tailgating. It was a little weird because the lot was surrounded with a fence and there was some pretty serious partying going on. I sort of felt like a zoo animal.
I met this guy who had one of the dumbest tattoos I have ever seen. It is a take off of the Grateful Dead "Steal Your Face" but with an expletive. I had him hug each of the girls and he was all sweaty. I thought it was funny.
Then I started just taking pictures of good looking girls. Always a fun time.
I am not sure if Suzanne and Kim knew this guy or not. But I got my hand in there. We brought some beer with us, but we quickly ran out. People were selling Pabst for $1. Ridiculously cheap for Chicago.

Keeping with the theme of taking pictures of good looking girls.

No comments: