Thursday, August 04, 2011

State Fair

First loyal blog readers, I have no excuse. I have missed posts all week. I have been a bit busy at work. And yes if you can believe it staying late to work on a hot button issue within the DOT. I have starting keeping a log of things said at work. They are a bit amusing. Here is one from last week. The leader of my team, Pete, had asked me to do something for him like fill out the TPS reports. Here was the conversation
Pete: "Hey Rickie do you have those TPS reports that are do at the end of the week?"
Me: "Yes indeed. They are in your inbox. Anything else I can do for you?"
Pete: "As a matter of fact there is. I will be gone next week, so could you run next weeks team meeting?"
Me: "Wow, I walked right into that one. Do I have a choice?"
Pete: "Not really."

Lately another thing I have been doing is at the end of the meetings when everyone is gathering their stuff and starting to walk out of the room, I start clapping and say, "Great meeting everyone!!! We had some good ideas and alot got accomplished!!! Good work!!!" It seems to boost morale.

Alright it is State Fair time. I usually don't go to the fair. But if I do go, my favorite attraction is the big fat sow with all of the piglets feeding off of her. If you are going here is something you might want to try to make it a little more fun. State Fair Bingo. Follow the link and print out the bingo cards. Granted this one is for the Minnesota State Fair, but really is there much difference other than at the Minnesota State Fair they might run out of beer, or maybe not even be able to sell it.

No comments: