Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Night I Killed Liz

Friday October 13th 2000

Friday night right after work I headed home and joined my two roommates, Andy and Nate, along with our friend Phil for a couple beers, then we headed down to the Bradley Center for the Admirals game. I left the three of them with about 10 minutes left in the third period to go and kill my friend, Liz. Liz and her friends were having a little get together at her friend Stacey's house. LID had asked me prior to this evening to come over and scare them since it was indeed Friday the 13th. How could I pass up such an offer. Earlier I had bought a Scream mask, a black robe/cape thing, a rubber knife, and some fake blood. I drove over to Stacey's and took a peak in the front window to find 7 girls inside. I made my way to the side door, opened it then slammed it shut. I heard all of the girls scream as the windows were open on such a nice warm evening. Stacey's place had an over hang by the sidewalk so I hid under there in the event that any of the girls came outside to investigate the noise. I waited about 15 minutes in my hiding spot, then emerged once again. I went around to the front, mind you at this point I had yet to put on the costume, and I am in jeans and a T-shirt. I go to the front window to check things out, and as I do one of the girls happens to see me. She points and screams and I run back to my hiding spot. I wait another 15 minutes and go back to the side door. I slam it a number of times and then run through the back alley. I decided to let things cool down and give the girls a false sense of security. I walk through the subdivision behind Stacey's place. Again I am carrying the costume but not wearing it. As I am walking along the street I see two high schoolers talking next to a car in a drive way. I decide that this will be kind of funny. I pull out the rubber knife and start walking towards them. They both froze. They had no idea what to do. I got about five feet from them, then I told them that I was just kidding and that it was a rubber knife. They still didn't know what to think of me. So I decided that I had worn out my welcome with them before I even said anything and decided to move on my way. I walked to my truck and sat in there for about 20 minutes. I watched two of the girls that were at the party leave. So their were only 5 girls left, Stacey and Liz, who were both in on the joke, and Lisa, Shauntelle, and Jessica. Stacey lives in a 4 family apartment. So I walked in the front door and got dressed in the hallway. I made sure to put enough fake blood in my hand and then went up to Stacey's door. I pushed the door open a crack and the girls all screamed. I waited about a minute, then burst into the room. Everyone screamed. I grabbed Liz, and her at I had planned ahead of time that she would be the closest to the door. I put both my hands in front of her neck. One hand was full of fake blood the other the rubber knife. As I pulled my hands away, it looked like I cut her neck wide open. I dropped Liz to the floor and started walking towards the other girls who started to run. They all went for cover in teh bedroom and bathroom. I turned back towards Liz and dragged her out in to the hallway and poured more blood on her. I told her to stagger back into the apartment screaming and fall down on the floor a pretend that she was dead. She did and as she did the girls who had run for cover, came out of the bedroom and bathrooms for a second to check on Liz. Just as they started to make their way to Liz, I again came back into the apartment from the hallway. The remaining 4 girls screamed once again and headed back to the bedroom and the bathroom. I first went to the bedroom. I tapped on the door with the back of the knife. All I heard were screams. I tried to open the door but Stacey the only one in the bedroom, had the door locked. I went to the bathroom door and again started to slowly knock on the door with the back of my knife. Inside Lisa, Shauntelle and Jessica were screaming and pushing with all their might to keep the door shut. I couldn't get the door open. So I went to plan "B". I told Liz to go up to the bathroom door and beg them to let her in. Liz goes up to the door bangs on the door and screams "YOU GUYS LET ME IN PLEASE!!!! HERE HE COMES AGAIN!!! HE IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME IN!!!" I give Liz a lot of credit because she was very believable. But her "friends" inside the bathroom replied "FUCK NO!!!! WE AREN'T LETTING YOU IN!!!!" And of course I was standing right next to Liz just waiting for them to open the door. I am thinking nice friends, you are out here dying and they won't let you in. I tell Liz to move aside and again I start rapping on the door with the back of the knife really slow. I grabbed the door knob and twisted it rather easily. Then I pushed my way into the room. Jessica was standing in the bath tub screaming into the phone as she was on the phone with 911. I have never seen anyone as scared as she was. I looked behind the door to see Lisa and Shauntelle curled up in little balls one on top of the other just shaking and screaming. As funny as I thought it was, and I did think it was very funny, I couldn't continue because those girls were that scared. So I just pulled off the mask and as relieved as they were to know that it was just me, it still took them about 20 minutes to calm down. I spoke to Shauntelle a couple days later and she told me that their wasn't a doubt in her mind that she thought that she was going to die that night.

No comments: