Sunday, October 16, 2005

What a Life

Since this blog is all about my life, I.E. the title, I thought I would give you an insight into my life. Now many of you may think that I lead such a glamorous life. But I will be honest, it isn't all ice cream sandwiches, church picnics and scalping floor seats for U2 concerts. Let me go into the this past weekend's events. I have my indoor soccer league starting up this coming Wednesday, and I don't want to let the team down. Plus a couple of us on the team have side bets on who will score the most goals and have the most assists. Since I want to bring home the money, I have been trying to get myself in a little bit better shape. So I started running last week. Well as of Tuesday morning, my lower back has tighted up and is constantly sore. So I have that problem. And due to the sore back, Friday night I went to bed at 8:30 at night. I know I can really party on the weekends. Saturday morning, I had committed myself into playing in a pick up football game. But first I was going to tear apart the old workbench in my garage. As you will see in the pictures I plan on posting in a couple of days, I have been redoing my garage. And it is getting out of control the stupid things I am doing in it. To give you a little hint, I got the black lights on Tuesday and the strobe lights come in on Monday. Anyhow I ripped apart the work bench and loaded it up in the back of my truck. Then I was off to football. I had played with these guys two years ago, but I told them last year that I wouldn't play due to my shoulder problems. But I figured I have been feeling pretty good and my shoulders haven't popped out since the first 30 seconds of the Stu on Stu basketball tournament in June. I should be fine. Well on the very first drive, I made a defensive play on pass and managed to popped my left arm out of socket. Fortunately I popped it back in after about 30 seconds, unfortunately it really hurts. But being the gamer that I am, I finished the game. Now realize that I am not looking for sympathy here. I know that I am an idiot. I know that I shouldn't be playing football. I know that I need to have surgery actually on both shoulders. My problem is that I don't really have time in my schedule to take care of that right now. Not that most people have time in their schedules, I need to just do it and get it over with. After playing football, I went over to Nate's for some chili and to watch the Badger game. From my view point, the Badger game sucked. They were trailing the entire game, and it really wasn't a fun game to watch, until good ole Goldy "F'"ed things up with 30 seconds to go. Nate and I were both extremely sore from football, and while most of the game it took either of us at least 4 or 5 seconds to get out of a chair, we both jumped up when that punt got blocked. Sorry to any of the Minnesotans that my read my blog, but you guys always seem to find a way to lose that game. Nice work. After watching Bucky, I went home and planted myself on the couch for the rest of the day and just watched football. Eventually I ended up going to bed at 9:30. Another late night for me. But I wouldn't be asleep long. Since I had already loaded up my truck with the work bench from my garage, I had to get rid of it. And what better place to get rid of my old workbench than in the Pius High School dumpster. Illegal dumping is one of my favorite activities. And since they put that loud air conditioning unit across the street from my house, I have no problems doing this. However the problem comes in, where I attempt to throw a workbench comprised of two old lower kitchen cabinets into an 8 foot tall dumpster by myself at 3:00 on a Sunday morning with a recently dislocated shoulder. I will be honest, it was something to see. So this is the life that I lead.

No comments: