Monday, October 24, 2005

The Weekend That Was

I had two of my nephews sleep over at my house this weekend, as I had taken Halloween costume shopping that State Fair Park. I got out the race track and set that up, we watched a movie, played some video games. But the thing that they enjoyed the most was running around in my newly remodeled garage, even though it isn't quite done yet, the kids had a blast since I have black lights and strobe lights set up in there. Saturday afternoon I took Nick and Ethan to their soccer game. Then I sort of helped my brother winterize his pool, when in actuality I just drank beer and make smart ass comments. Saturday night I went to a Breast Cancer Benefit for my friend, Linda. Sunday morning I helped my parents and was over there cutting deer. At least I worked and got paid while I watched the Packers blow it. Sunday night, is where the excitement of the weekend came in. Months ago I purchased Paul McCartney tickets when they went on sale. I had offered one ticket to my friend, Matt Kaker, who lives up in the Twin Cities. I told Matt the ticket was his, and he didn't even have to pay me for it. He just need to come down and show up for the concert. I know Matt is a huge Beatles / McCartney fan. However I was deeply disappointed when he told me he couldn't go. I am assuming that he either is no longer a Beatles / McCartney fan, or due to marital issues he was not allowed to go, which I think is a load of crap. A similar incident happened to my brother when Springsteen came to Miller Park. I would have gotten divorce over that concert. But I will end my guilt trip here, by saying I think that sucks. I gave my extra ticket to Preston Klink. Sort of pay back for this summer when he set me up with 3 row seats for Dave Matthews. Again, thank you Preston. Sir Paul McCartney was great. A huge set list. Then again not too many of his songs go over 3 minutes. It was a great show. I had checked out the set list on the internet before the concert, so before Paul would play a song, Preston and I would yell out "Play Band on the Run!!" or whatever the next song was according to the list I had. Finally the lady in front of me turned around and asked me, how do you know what he is playing next, are you pyschic? Our seats were decent, on the side even with the front of the stage. I was a little worried when I first walked into the Bradley Center and security made me open up my jacket, since I had both my camera and a flask in it, but they obviously weren't checking too closely as the cap from my flask was easily visible. And I got both items in. Thank you lazy security guards. After the show we had a drink at Buck Bradley's. Then we both had a craving for Oakland Gyros. We stopped into Axel's for a beer first. We cabbed it back home and I think I called it a night around 1 in the morning. Just another weekend I guess. However, Bob Weir and Ratdog are coming the Rave on Tuesday night. I have free vouchers to get in, anyone interested let me know. I checked out the set list from the last show, as follows:
Here Comes Sunshine
Shakedown Street
Queen Jane Approximately
Playin in the Band
Big Boss Man
Tomorrow Never Knows
Uncle John's Band
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
Lady with a Fan
Terrapin
Knockin on Heaven's Door
I am looking to go and don't have anyone to go with yet. Let me know

No comments: