Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Brewers Gyro Contest

This is one posting that everyone loves. My Brewer prediction posting for the year. Before I get to my prediction for the Brew Crew, let me get to the current status of gyro meals. The following people still have an Oakland Gyro coming to them: Sarah, Julie and Annie. I also owe Preston a gyro, not for winning a contest, but for helping me move. Please call to make reservations with me so that you can collect. By the way, I was there a week ago and it was just fantastic. My old roommate, Kevin, emailed me and asked me if I wanted to go. I was in the middle of trying to purchase my truck so I wasn't sure if I had the time. But then I thought about it and realized that you never turn down an invitation to go to Oakland Gyros.

My prediction for the Brewers is that they will go exactly 81-81. But they will sweep the Cubs this weekend. I am a little torn this year. Obviously I would like the Brewers to do well. However, a poor year will result in lower attendance next year. Which would make it much easier to walk up and purchase tickets the day of the game on a weekend. From what I have heard, tickets for a Saturday game are going to pretty hard to come by. Another plus of the team performing poorly on the field means that the parking lots will be more fun. A good team means that more and more people go into the game on time, rather than the 3rd or 4th inning arrival that I am used to. So please post a comment stating your prediction for the Brewers this year. The closest prediction to the actual final record will receive an Oakland Gyro and a large Rootbeer. Good luck.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So OK when I can go any time. Remember I'm retired and have no life just ask my daughters.
I say the brewers will go 100-62
Annie

Bubs said...

Pitching will do them in: 78-84

Anonymous said...

82-80.
Lisa

Borky said...

74-88

pitching is way down this year

Anonymous said...

79-83 Too many strike outs, too many errors, not enough starting pitching, and no closer. Dano

Anonymous said...

79-83 Too many strike outs, too many errors, not enough starting pitching, and no closer. Dano

Jake said...

85-77... Corey Hart 30+ HR and 30+ Stolen Bases

TB

Anonymous said...

83-79
Go Brew Crew!
Tree

Anonymous said...

77-85


Kmart

Sherm said...

81-81

Anonymous said...

76-86
general

Anonymous said...

82-80

my prediction is they will only beat the cubs three times this year

chucker

Anonymous said...

zach says 85-77



sarah last years winner says 84-78