Tuesday, May 11, 2010

41 Yard Dashes

I have from time to time organized 41 yard dashes with my nephews and nieces. It is 41 yards, because I made the claim a couple years ago that I could beat Haus in any foot race over 40 yards. I said that because at the time, I still thought Haus was quicker than me. I have been telling Nick and Ethan that I will be able to hold them off for another 4 years. Here was the first race. I had it, me, then Lindsey, Nick and Ethan. Lindsey has been throwing her athletic dominance over her cousins. She is arm wrestling champ, 41 yard dash champ and the reigning two time musical chair winner.

Race #2 was Nick vs Ethan. And it was Nick with a photo finish.

Race #3 I gave the kids a bit of a head start. That one looked like, Me, Nick, Lindsey then Ethan.

Race #4 was Jared vs Julie. And look at Julie taunting at the finish line. If my memory serves, I thought there were a Julie vs. MKA challenge.

Race #5 I gave the kids a bigger head start. It was me, Nick, Lindsey then Ethan and Julie with a DNF.

Race #6 Ethan was persistent and kept racing until this last one where he beat Lindsey.

I think I might have to have a couple 41 yard dashes at the Freeman Party. Here is a little performance tip. Do not eat two italians before running? They will only slow you down.

No comments: