Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day Reminder

This is my annual Memorial Day reminder. It looks like the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend. It should be around 80 and sunny most of the weekend in these parts. But while you are enjoying your long weekend grilling out, or watching the kids play soccer, or whatever your weekend plans are, take a moment to remember why you are celebrating Memorial Day, and what this day means. My advice to you, get out of the house and go for a 10 minute walk, look up at the blue sky, take a deep breath of fresh air and think about the sacrifice of life many have laid down for you to enjoy your freedom. And also think about those who are currently defending our freedom.

I plan on spending my weekend getting my house ready for the Freeman Party. I also have a couple parties to go to. And what promises to be the highlight of the weekend, The Doors in concert at the Pabst Theatre. Well not all of The Doors but half of them, Ray and Robbie. Taking a page from The General, "If I could hear just one song, what would it be?" That one is easy, "Soft Parade". I will also make some time this weekend to watch "Saving Private Ryan", or at least the first 45 minutes when they storm the beaches.

No comments: