Thursday, July 29, 2010

Football....Already?

It is still July, it might be a little early for football talk.....or is it. I blame ESPN for starting it all. I was watching some ESPN the other day and they were interviewing Jared Allen of the Vikings. Much of the talk was about Number 4. Then they played the clip of Favre throwing an interception against the Saints in the NFC championship game. I have to be honest, it brought a huge smile to my face. I did a little research on the internet and found the audio clip. Want to hear it? Here it is. Suck it Borky. All of Wisconsin is laughing at you. "YOU CAN TAKE A KNEE AND TRY A 56 YARD FIELD GOAL!!!! THIS IS NOT DETROIT MAN, THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL.!!!!" I like this clip so much that I have added a link to my blog. It is called "Borky's Lament".

Well enjoy this season of the NFL because next year there might not be any football. Football's Collective Bargaining Agreement will be up after this season and there is a good chance that there will be a lock out. The only good thing that will come out of the lock out is that they will make a change from a 16 game regular season to an 18 game regular season. That means real football in August. So that is a good thing. Now we just need college football to get on board with a playoff system. Just 8 teams would be great. But I think if they go to an 8 team playoff system, the powers that be will realize how profitable it is and they will eventally change that to 16 teams. Don't think it will happen, look at basketball, they want 96 teams now. It is all about the money.

Here are two more sound bites I thought you might like.

T.O. crying as a Cowboy not a 49er. Does he always cry after the game? I never heard boo out of him while he was in Buffalo last year. But I think you will heard some complaints with him in Cincinnati this year.

The Cardinals last second touchdown over the Vikings to get the Packers into the playoffs.

Lyric of the Day:
I would have given you all of my heart.
But there's someone who's torn it apart.
And she has taken just all that I have.
But if you want I'll try to love again.

2 comments:

Rickie Davies said...

Really Borky, you have no comment.

Anonymous said...

just read it buddy. nice. very nice. can you find a clip of the 12 men on the field penalty that set up that play? After 98 - I can stomach a loss like that one last year. I only had actual feelings inside that we were going to win about 10 seconds before the 12 man penalty so that feeling lasted for about a whole 30 seconds before the INT took it away. :-)

anyway- I will always have 4th and 26 when I think of the Pack. Thank you McNabb. Sunday, January 11, 2004. Here's the link just in case you wanna watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FuF85O4Q8

-borky