Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Josh's Birthday

Saturday I went to my nephew, Josh's, baseball game and birthday party.
Here is Josh at the plate.During the game another kid on Josh's team in the outfield threw the ball to Josh at 3rd base. He jumped and caught the ball. Josh's grandmother, Diane, told everyone about it. "Did you see Josh jump and catch the ball?" Of course I did, what did I come to the game to take a nap. Here is Josh out in the field.My brother, Dan, pitching. With Dan on the bump, one kid ended up with a bloody nose. He claims that the ball came off the bat and hit the kid in the nose, but from where I was sitting it just looked like Dan was trying to plunk the kid.I was against the fact that all of the kids got trophies at the end of the year. The world has losers and kids need to learn that not everyone wins. One of the first rules of the league is that winning is secondary. Here I am with Josh after the game.After the baseball game was the birthday party. In my sister-in-law's family, everyone gets a birthday party. This party was actually for 6 people, or everyone who had a birthday this past year.It is well known that my sister-in-law, Jody's, brother-in-law, Pete, is 100% full of crap. Pete is the ultimate one upper. I was talking with Chris, who also completed the Pewaukee Triathlon. Pete was listening in on the conversation. We were talking about the bike ride, when Pete interjected that his neighbor, who (as far as I am aware) is not a professional bicyclist, on a hill in the Hartland/Lake Country area got his 10 speed going 60 miles per hour. Pete went as far to say that his neighbor was clocked with a radar gun by a policeman and that the neighbor has a ticket hanging on the wall that states 60 mph in a 45 mph zone. I am calling BS. I have never met Pete's neighbor, but I am doubting that he is out biking on a regular basis. The top speeds in the Tour de France reach about 70 miles per hour. And those are carbon fiber bikes with at least 21 gears, driven by elite athletes, going down mountains. But Pete's neighbor can nearly keep up with them on his 10 speed. Not buying it at all. I will even make the outlandish claim that I could go faster than Pete's neighbor, and I doubt I have even scratched 40 miles per hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy Lance Amstrong...you should just concentrate on riding over railroad tracks without falling.

General

Rickie Davies said...

The General,
I prefer Miguel Indurain. You should concentrate on getting some exercise. I have heard the band is getting back together for indoor this fall. I plan on doubling your goal production.