Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stu on Stu

Saturday was the Stu on Stu tournament. It is a two on two basketball tournament at Stu's house. As you can probably guess, the name of the tournament is a play on words. I don't even remember who named it as such. This tournament has been going on for at least 10 years, maybe more. It has been three years since I participated. My body no longer allows me to play. But a couple years back I did win the tournament with Jon the Electrican. There is a elite club of past winners and I show up every year to root for former winners because I want that club to remain as small and exclusive as possible. This year Stu and Joe retained their title. I think this was the 3rd time that Stu won, and the 6th time that Joe won. Joe is by far the most elite member of the club.
I was always also rooting for Tree's team. The more games that he plays in the more sore he would be for Sunday's triathlon.
I showed up late to the tournament. In fact the championship game was going on when I arrived. Here are a couple of pictures and video of the final championship point.

Lyric of the Day:

Now there some sad things known to man.

But ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown.

No comments: