Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Late Weekend Review

I know, I know, I have been slacking on my postings. But in my defense, I don’t have a lot going on. Here is my weekend recap: Friday night, I finished putting together my Christmas card and stuffing and labeling all of the envelopes. And while I am on the topic of Christmas cards, allow me to go off on a tangent. I got a voicemail from Roman on Saturday, December 18th. “He was wondering if I sent out my Christmas card and he was surprised that he hadn’t received one yet. The reason he was thinking about my card was because he was sending out his cards that very same day.” Roman, I have to admit you have me a little confused. According to my time table, I have up until the 25th to get my cards to their respective homes. And if you didn’t have your cards out yet, why should I have mine out?
Anyhow, Roman, you will be happy to know that the cards went out Monday morning. So you will probably get them today or tomorrow. But I wouldn’t be too excited to get it, since I think the card this year was another pretty weak effort. I guess I will let everyone decide for themselves. I also made a major mistake on my letter that I didn’t notice until I had the letters all printed out and didn’t feel like redoing them again.
Back to my weekend. I finished off Friday evening with some soccer. I play with my old indoor team at a church gymnasium that we reserve for every Friday night. My skills are severely eroding, but if nothing else it is exercise. And if you saw me with my shirt off, you would agree, I need all of the exercise I can get.
On to Saturday, the highlight of my Saturday was getting my hair cut. My good friend, Rebecca, always cuts my hair and does a fantastic job. This time when she asked me what we were going to do with it, I replied with “I don’t care, do whatever you would like. At this point in my life, I am just lucky to have any hair.”
Sunday I watched some football then in the afternoon I went to watch my niece, Lindsey (Boomer), play basketball. Lindsey is pretty good, but she is on a really bad team. She routinely scores the majority of the points. But then again they don’t normally score too many points. I was told that I need to be as hard on Boomer as I am on Jared. She is #5.That being said, Boomer, needs a lot of work on dribbling without looking at the ball. She also needs to learn that when she is in the low post with the ball, to go up with it to take a shot right away. She often stops her dribble, looks around, and then decides to take a shot, by which point the other defenders have converged on her and she has no hope of getting off a clean shot. When the weather gets better, I will have to show Boomer some low post moves that border on being legal.
I finished off Sunday night with the Packer game. I was surprised that they played as well as they did. If not for two plays they would have won the game. I said right after Woodson dropped that sure interception, that it would come back to haunt them. And more importantly the inability to tackle a 300 pound lineman as he returned the kickoff really hurt them. I was embarrassed for the team as I watched that run back. However, looking at the silver lining, the Packers still hold their playoff destiny in their own hands.
Prediction: There is no doubt in my mind that Brett Favre will debate all of this upcoming summer if he is going to come back for yet another year of football. And while the Vikings are a rather poorly run organization, even they won’t touch him. But some other team will take a flying leap of faith on this attention whore.
Well chances are, that I won’t get another post in before the Christmas holidays. So with that, I wish all of my loyal readers a Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Bubs said...

Merry Christmas buddy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rickie

That is what happens when you climb to the top of the mountain in the Christmas Card world. A lot is expected.

Merry Christmas!!

Roman