Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home Repair Part 1

Last weekend was the big home remodel.  Here are some pictures.  In between hauling the 2 bundles of shingles (or as The General likes to call them, bags of tile) that he carried to the roof, The General found time for some photo ops to pretend he was working.  Here instructing M.K.A. and Kevin how to nail shingles.
 
 Here is a better shot of M.K.A. and Kevin working.
 There was a bit of a mess.  The tear off required taking off 3 layers of shingles.  I had a hard time deciding which is the worse job.  Tearing off the shingles, or picking them up afterwards. 
 I gave Justin and Chucker a real general idea of what I wanted when it came to the front porch over hang.  They made it work and it looks great.
 The General instructing Chucker on how he would build the front porch over hang.
 Justin placing the joists on the front porch.
 The remodel wasn't without incident.  M.K.A. accidently put his foot through the roof and into the upstairs bedroom.
I also managed to lose my cell phone early in the morning.  It was recovered under a pile of shingles during the clean up hours later.  I also made a poor decision when I went with using "bagsters" to hold all of the old shingles.  "Bagsters" hold 3 cubic yards and are about $100 a pop.  I ended up needing 4 of them, where as if I had just ordered a 15 yard dumpster, it would have been cheaper.  Lesson learned.
And again, thank you to Justin, Kevin, M.K.A., Chucker, Haus, The General, Justus and Dan for their help.  Everyone worked hard, got along and did a great job.

1 comment:

Ethan Davies said...

I will remember that