Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Really

As you may recall, I had a posting a while back about my new roommate, Justus.  I guess he is also an old roommate, because he and Preston both moved in with me when I first bought my house 14 years ago.  But back to the topic of this posting.  Maybe it was my fault by not making it clear the level of cleanliness I expected from a roommate.  So going back to that earlier posting, I took issue with the fact that Justus was unwilling to pick up the towel off the floor after he would take a shower.  About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I came home from work to once again see a towel on the floor.  I decided that it was time to make a point.  I got out my stop watch and I asked Justus if he had a couple of minutes.  He said sure.  We walked to the door of the bathroom and I asked him to start the watch.  He did, and I picked up the towel and put it on the rack.  I told him to stop the watch and I asked him how long that took.  He said 5 seconds.  Then I asked him to start the watch again and I put his toothpaste tube from resting on the edge of the sink and put it in the medicine cabinet.  I said stop when I was finished and asked him how long that took.  He said 3 seconds.  At this juncture it appeared that Justus was understanding where I was coming from.  But I made him continue timing me just to make sure that my point was hitting home.  I again asked him to start the watch and I put his electric razor away in the cabinet and wiped down the shelf where the razor was resting.  I told him to stop the watch and tell me how long that took.  He said 37 seconds.  I asked him to start the watch one more time.  I then walked out of the bathroom and turned around and I said "Right now I am making one quick check of the bathroom to make sure no dirty clothes are left behind.  Nope, looks all clear.  How long was that?" 10 seconds.  So that is less than a minute I am asking for you to keep the bathroom just semi clean.  "Justus, Do you think you can do that for me?"  He told me, "Yes sir.  That shouldn't be a problem."
If it wasn't a problem, why is it that I just walk through the door and this is the state that my bathroom is in?

Towel on the floor.
 Razor on the shelf.
 Razor bag sitting out.
If this behavior continues, I am going to call in sick one day.  Rent a storage locker.  Move all of his crap into that storage locker and change the locks.  Anyone interested in helping me?  And believe me I am not kidding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's that bad

Bone saw said...

Does Justus read your blog

M.K.A. said...

I guess I was a pretty good roomate eh Rickie???????

Anonymous said...

Aren't you being at little hard on the beaver, Ward?

Tree