Sunday, May 13, 2012

Steve Winwood

Friday night I went to the Riverside Theater to see Steve Winwood.  I am a big fan of this work with Traffic, and I went for no other reason than to hear "Low Spark of the High Heeled Boys", which he did play but I didn't shoot any video.  It was hard to argue with my seats, 3rd row.
And I did get some video.  Here is "Can't Find My Way Home" from his Blind Faith years.

And one of his encore songs was "Gimme Some Lovin" from his Spencer Davis Group. 


Oh and I found the setlist:
"I'm A Man"
"Fly"
"At Times We Do Forget"
"Can't Find My Way Home"
"Dirty City"
"The Low Spark Of High-Heeled Boys"/"Empty Pages"
"Pearly Queen"
"Light Up Or Leave Me Alone"
"Higher Love"
 Encore
"Dear Mr. Fantasy"
"Gimme Some Lovin'"
I have always thought that he has an unmistakable voice.  It is pretty amazing thinking that he started with the  Spencer Davis Group when he was only 14 years old.  Now he is 64.  As I was listening to "Gimme Some Lovin", I was thinking, he has been singing this song for 50 years.  Crazy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time Rickie. I always liked Steve Winwood myself.

Roman

Julie said...

I saw him my senior year, I agree great show.