Tuesday, May 09, 2006

32 Going On 45

My birthday is less than a month away. And no I don't want any presents, remember I said if I were to pass my P.E. exam, I would give up all of my Christmas and birthday presents for 5 years. By the way I appreciate everyone's interest in how I did on the exam, but I won't get the results until June. Anyhow, I will soon be turning 33 years old. I am having a hard time believing that my body is going to continue to be on the decline in the coming years. Sunday night I played in a co-ed soccer league. It was the first game I have played in about a month. I went to bed that night with a heating pad on my back and a ice pack on my ankle. Then I played soccer again last night. After a collision with the other team's goalie, the scab that was on my knee from a previous kickball game, ripped completely off. Plus my big toe, Sergeant Hulka, is incredibly sore. I don't think I broke it, but I also know that it doesn't tickle. And I again slept with a heating pad on my back. Am I the only 32 year old who has a hard time getting out of bed in the morning? Would it help if I was in better shape? Am I in the bad of shape to begin with? All I know, is that if your body continues to deteriorate as you get older, at the rate I am going at, I honestly can't see me and my body coexisting for more than another 10 years max. And this is only scratching the surface, I have two shoulders that are in need of surgical repair. Each would require an estimated 8 months of rehab. So let's just round that up to 2 years to get my shoulders fixed. Try working that into your schedule.

1 comment:

Rickie Davies said...

I am down for the under as well. My prediction a bungee jumping accident on a last minute impulse vacation to Mexico.