Friday, May 26, 2006

Update

Good evening and what can I tell you. This is a recurring theme, here, that is me not getting daily postings up. As my loyal readers, I am afraid that you are going to have to accept that I am not going to get in as many postings as I would like. Sorry but I guess that is what is going to happen when the weather gets nice. When I last left you, I had finished up a weekend with the Brewers and Borky. But I wasn't done with Borky, oh no. I ended up staying at his place most of the week. Monday night I went to Borky's wiffle ball game. Yes wiffle ball. It looked like a lot of fun, and I am sure if there was a league here in Milwaukee, I would be all over it. As I may have mentioned, I was up in Minnesota for work. Actually my project is in Prescott, Wisconsin. I am the lead project engineer on the movable bridge that crosses the St. Croix River that divides Minnesota from Wisconsin. I needed to go up there to supervise some plumbing that was taking place. And even though I planned the work to take place this week, the plumber had different ideas. My plumbing contractor really didn't work at all the entire week. So each day, I would drive the half hour from Minneapolis to Prescott, check the job site, then track down the plumber just to have him say that he wasn't going to work on it that day. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I was on site for a total of an hour and a half all three days combined. This left me an abundance of time on my hands. Monday afternoon I did some apartment hunting for when I move up there. I also checked out some places on Tuesday. Monday afternoon I also checked out Spyeglass world headquarters. Spyeglass is Krum's business. Tuesday afternoon I went back to Borky's place and installed some new lights into his garage. Borky had a ping pong table in his garage and the lighting wasn't all that great, but I fixed that. And then Tuesday night I put a ping pong thumping on Borky, taking about 20 games in a row from him. Wednesday after finishing work, if you want to call it that, and I am guessing that you wouldn't, I went to Krum's house, even though no one was home there, and watched a couple of movies. Wednesday night was a little party at Borky's because Borky's wife had been out of town all week. So we grilled out and played some ping pong. Thursday I had scheduled an on site meeting with all of my sub contractors for the bridge project, this was actually the main reason I was up there. The meeting went well but long, 3 hours long. My electrical engineer from my company flew in for the meeting from Chicago, and afterwards he asked me if I wanted to have lunch. I was planning to leave right away, because I was suppose to help my brother pour concrete that afternoon and then I had a kickball game that night at 6:00. But since I know that problems are going to pop up on this job, and this engineer is going to bail me out of crap over the course of the project, if he wanted to have lunch then I was going to buy him lunch. I didn't leave Prescott until after 1:00. In my hurry to get home, driving along Highway 10, I got pulled over by a State Trooper for speeding. He had me clocked at 72, I said that I was going 70, but that didn't matter since it was in a 55 mph zone. He said he gave me a break and gave me a ticket for 15 over. Although this time I didn't thank him when he gave me the ticket. That is my new rule, I do no thank the police when I am issued a ticket. Not that it happens all that often. Then when I coming through Madison, I was going about 12 over, and I had another State Trooper pull out and follow me for about 10 miles. That would have really made my day if I had been issued a second speeding ticket in the same day. I ended up missing my kickball game. And by the time I got to my brother's, they had all of the concrete down so I just watched them finish it and make a couple smart ass remarks. I realize that none of this is all that exciting but this is my life and what I have been up to. Just wait until I actually move up to Minnesota and I have plenty of time to make daily postings. Here is a sample of what you may recieve.
"Well it is mid November and it snowed another 8 inches last night."
Or something like that. Here are some pictures.

This is my bridge.


Krum, running the show at Spyglass HQ.
Gordy, supervising the work at my brother's place. I thought that was my job.
Jeff and Jon hard at work.
Not that you wouldn't believe me, but here is a copy of my speeding ticket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»