Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

Hello kids, I haven't had much of an exciting Memorial Day weekend. I have for the most part been getting things ready for the big Antonio Freeman Party. I was able to put a screen door on the side door, but the front door had to be ordered so it won't be ready for the party. I finished off all of the game props and made some barricades to block off the street. I ran out of time, otherwise I would have registered for a permit to block the street. Looks like I won't have a permit again this year. Like that is going to stop me. Today is Memorial Day. I have a tradition of watching "Saving Private Ryan" every Memorial Day. I feel it gives me a sense of what our forefathers went through in order to preserve our freedom to allow us to live the way we do. It helps me to appreciate what I have. I think too often we take these freedoms that other fought so hard for granted. If my friend and communist, the General, is reading this. I hope that one day he watches that movie. I know that the General used to be in the Army. General please note the courage and strength that the people portrayed in the movie exhibit. That courage and strength is what allow you the freedom to live you life the way you do. Even though I do not argee with your beliefs on freedom of speech, thousands of men died to give you the right to believe the way you do. I hope you appreciate it. Enough of me railing on the General. Well let me get in some old pictures.

Here I am at Red Rock is Denver with Tree, Russ and Krum.

This is me with my God son Josh the day after he was born. See Jodi, I do post pictures of your kids. Oh and if you are reading this, I am going over to Jon and Julie's today, so consider this your heads up.

3 comments:

Rickie Davies said...

The freedom of everything but freedom of speech. I know the world you dream of exists only to have short pithy conversations. That is why I love the country I live in and despies the views you hold true to your heart. Thanks to the efforts and lives of those who came before me, I have the right to ramble on as long as I wish, a freedom you would rather non of us have.

Rickie Davies said...

It is official, I am now putting a bounty out on The General's head. Whomever knocks The General out of the musical chair contest will recieve 1 shiny dollar from me. What that short enough?

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»