Thursday, December 17, 2009

4 Down 2 To Go

Last night wasn't too exciting. I went to the hardware store to buy a new router bit. I started work on my vents at 6 in the evening and had them finished by 11:00 p.m. It took a while, but I think they turned out pretty good. Now I just have 2 more to go, but the problem is that the 2 I have to do are in the living room and that is where all of my furniture is. So I need access to the old ones to get measurements. I am hoping to have them done by the end of the weekend. It has actually been fairly cost effective. I am able to make 6 vents out of one 6 foot 11x12 that was $35. So that $6 a vent, minus labor.
Again here are the old ones.

Here are the ones I finished up last night.Not too shabby.

3 comments:

Bubs said...

That looks like quality, old-world craftmanship to me buddy.

Rickie Davies said...

Wait until you see the finished product,i.e. when all of the rooms are complete. You are going to be asking me why I didn't make these improvements when you were living here. But I have a pretty simple reason why, two words. Justus Klink.

Unknown said...

Nice work Rickie...They look beautiful!