Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Remodel

I have nothing on my plate right now except working on my house. I am trying to repaint, replace the trim and add ceiling fans to both bedrooms and the living room (minus the ceiling fan). And have it all done by the end of the month when my windows get delivered. But as these projects so often do, one little thing snowballs into a big thing. I want to replace all of the trim because I hate painted trim, so I am buying new trim and staining all of it. I have one bedroom all painted and I was about to put up the base boards, when I realized that I didn't the like the heating vent cover and the cold air return vent cover. They are metal and stick out into the room a little. So I am trimming up the vent itself and replacing the cover with an oak stained vent. But in searching Menards and Home Depot, I could not find the correct size vents. So I am making my own. That is where I am at now. So the plan was to finish one bedroom, then move everything from the next bedroom into the finished one. Well to keep things moving, I am still working on the vents for one bedroom while painting the other one. Here is the problem, where do I put all of the furniture that was in both rooms? Currently everything is in the living room. Here is the other problem I currently have. The one bedroom that is painted, I just finished putting in a ceiling fan. On the first install everything was great. But I didn't like how low it sat. I took everything apart and cut the pole between the ceiling hanger and the fan motor. That all went well, I put everything back together and I turned everything on to see if it worked, it did, but now the motor on the fan has a humming sound coming from it. It never ends.

No comments: