Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pictures of the Remodel

Well here are some pictures of what I have been doing. This is the new ceiling fan in one bedroom, I call it the Shark Fin Fan because the blades look like shark fins. This is the one that after installing for the second time, the motor started humming when it was turned on. I still haven't fixed that problem yet.Last night I put up this fan in the other bedroom. It looks good, but it doesn't give off enough light. Maybe it will be better once I paint the walls. The walls should be painted by the end of next week. I have decided to paint the walls Candy Apple Red. Something different.This is back to the first room. The walls used to be black. They are now a light lavender. Originally this was the paint and color that I was going to use in the basement. I am glad I came to my senses. It took three coats to cover the black walls. Here you can see the vents that I am currently working on.This is the disaster that is my living room. Basically everything from the two bedrooms are now in the living room. Here is the stack of trim. I thought it would cheaper to rip oak plywood and then use a cove piece and a quarter round, than buy base boards. I don't know that it is cheaper, but it does take more work.
This is the current status of the first vent cover. I wasn't paying attention last night as I was making the last pass on the router. The router bit caught and threw the board across the room. That also bent the router bit. So I am buying that after work. I am hoping to get three covers done tonight. And I am buying to router bits.
Here is the jig that I made to help me make the vent covers. Oh and here is the bent router bit.

No comments: