Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Where Have You Been?

I guess I have been busy. Let me revisit this past weekend. Saturday was the big 40th birthday party for Jon and Julie. It was a lot of fun. The Newlywed Game went pretty well. Next time, maybe the host shouldn't drink so much so he doesn't stutter and forget how to read during the game. The only other thing would be to narrow it down to 10 questions, 15 was a little too long. But congratulations to the Kleppes who won. I think they were in 3rd or 4th place after the first round and I think they got all but 1 question correct in second round. I don't know if there are any photos out there. I was sort of busy entertaining everyone so I didn't take any pictures.

I also got some ping pong in this weekend with Nate. I am starting to get myself ready for Christmas with the Krumrichs. I would like nothing better than to smoke both Krum and JFK.

What else is there? Well, I am starting to ramp up the work on the old murder house. Last night I finished painting the ceiling on the first bedroom. I am going to get the third coat on the walls tonight. Three coats to cover the walls which had been painted black. I would like to have the baseboards, stained, cut and installed by the end of this week and then start on the second bedroom. I am going to wait on it for now, but I am planning on putting up crown molding in every room. But that isn't really necessary to put the windows in. I am also putting ceiling fans in both rooms.

How about a look ahead to see what is on the horizon? Nothing is going on this weekend or next weekend....so far. But on Christmas weekend I am going to see the BoDeans in Sheboygan with Borky. Weezer really got me in the mood for another concert. I had been talking to Borky a little bit. He told me to find a concert on December 26th. And the BoDeans is what I came up with. The last week of December is going to be a skiing trip to the U.P. It has been two years since my last trip to the U.P. I have yet to hear the final list of attendees, Liquid is in charge of that. Last I heard, it was Doug, Liquid, Eric, Anna, Flo, Nate, Michel and myself. I am pretty excited to ski with Nate. I think it has been 3 years since we have been on the same hill together, which means Nate probably hasn't skied since then. And on smaller hills like the ones in the U.P., Nate and I get bored pretty quick and that usually leads us to jumping off everything we can find. And if one of us takes a jump then the other one normally feels compelled to do it to, because neither of us want to get shown up by the other.

And I get my new windows January 4th. I hope to have those installed by the 5th or the 6th at the latest. Then if there is any money left, I was going to carpet the living room and both bedrooms.

Once I am done with the house issues, I was planning on having a doctor take a look at me and see what we can do about fixing my back.

Start looking for some holiday cheer in your mailboxes. The cards should go out tomorrow. If you don't get one it is your own fault for not getting me your address.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you and Bortke happen to drive by 6th & Ontario in Sheboygan (two blocks from where I'll bet the Bodeans are playing) think of me - that is where I used to work! :-)
Lisa