Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Slacker

How was your long weekend? I am guessing much like mine and was not nearly long enough. Here is a quick rundown of what my weekend entailed.
Wednesday I finished up with work and then stopped out at my parents’ house to fulfill my duties as the head boner. It was a down year at the Davies Deer Processing Company which was just fine with everyone. I think we did maybe 50 deer. That night I was out for a couple drinks with the Dillaber brothers, friends of my brother, Jon’s.
Thanksgiving day I was again at my parents’ house to celebrate the day. It was just a relaxing day with football, great food and some cards.
Friday I actually worked out in the morning and then was couch bound for college football the remainder of the day. Friday evening, I went to the Wave game where my niece, Sarah, was performing at half time. Here is a picture, Sarah is in the back row with the red top. Saturday was my final day of deer cutting. I am not a hunter but I do enjoy venison. I had my brother, Jeff, shoot me a deer. Here I am with my deer. I plan on printing this picture and putting it on the fridge so that whenever I have some of the venison, I know who I am eating. As you can tell from the picture I was sporting the Dirk Diggler facial hair. Saturday evening I got in some cards then headed to El Fuego for dinner with a big group including Truz and Julie who were up from Florida. We had 18 people, 9 of them kids. Somehow it was Truz’s birthday.Sunday I continued to sleep in late. It was with each passing day of the long weekend I slept in later by another 30 minutes each day. That became a hard habit to break Monday morning. I watched a tough Packer game. Then I got myself moving and tried to prepare for the upcoming weekend with a quick workout, some laundry and cleaning the house. So now it is a month until we have another long weekend.

No comments: