Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday Night I joined a number of people in celebrating the union of Preston and Jessica in holy matrimony. Congratulations! I mentioned that evening that if the murder in my house had never happened, then I would have never bought the house, and most likely these two love birds would have never met. Think about that. The butterfly effect.

Saturday I spent 3 hours raking leaves in my yard. I still need half of the leaves on my maple tree in the backyard to drop. So I am unfortunately not done with the leaves. After yard work, I was couch bound to watch Bucky prevail in victory which vaulted them in the 7th place in the BCS Standings. If Bucky can manage to win out over, Indiana, Michigan and Northwestern, they are headed for a BCS Bowl Game. But as is everyone else, I am worried about that Michigan game. I am predicting that Wisconsin will meet Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. Saturday evening I subbed for my brother in law on his bowling team. I bowled a 107, 80 and 110. I really stink at bowling. Although I did pick up the 10 pin for a spare left handed.

Sunday I took everyone’s money playing sheepshead while watching football. I also sent a number of texts tormenting Borky about their savior, Brett Favre. It is so great to watch the Vikings self destruct. As I look forward toward the rest of this season and into next, I see the Packers’ main competition will come from, if you can believe it, Detroit.

Seriously look at the Vikings. They are a ship lost a sea with a coach and quarterback fighting over who gets to steer. It appears that Jared Allen has tied up his last calf, because he flat out stinks. If they didn’t have Peterson, I could easily see this team without a win this season. Wait check that, they still would have beat the Cowboys. It looks inevitable, but I wish the Vikings wouldn’t fire Childress. I would love to see how bad it would get next year with Tavaris Jackson under center and Chili still dawning the headset. Dear Vikings, Can you please hire Wade Phillips to replace Childress?

The Bears, they are so bad that we don’t even consider them our biggest rival any more. Jay Cutler is over rated. I don’t know who is going to throw more interceptions, him or Favre. I don’t see the Bears doing much of anything with Lovie Smith and Cutler leading the team.

As for the Packer game Sunday night, not much can be said other than total domination. I think that was the performance everyone has been waiting to see out of the Packers. Then again, was it that Packers played that well, or that the Cowboys played that poorly?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok buddy.

12 pack of beer on the Viking/Packer game Nov. 21st? Well drink it in the Bloom Hound Lot when I come down to watch the Twins kick the crap outta the Brewers next summer.

-borky

Anonymous said...

Congrats Preston and Jessica!
tree