Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weekend Review

It was a very low key weekend for me. Friday night I played soccer with my old indoor team. We rent out a grade school gym and play just pick up games. It only took about 5 minutes to get that dry air burning feeling in my lungs. It was good to get the band back together and kick the ball around.
Saturday was highly unproductive. I went and worked out in the morning and then I nestled into my couch at 11:00 to start 11 hours of watching college football. I broke up the day with a trip to Panda Hut for some Chinese and then another quick trip to the grocery store in the evening. How about Bucky hanging 83 points on Indiana? It is looking more and more like my prediction of Wisconsin playing Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl might be a little off. If things continue on their current path, Wisconsin will be back in the Rose Bowl.
Sunday was Nate’s son, Elery’s, birthday party. It was a bowling party. Not a real big surprise that I took Nate down in bowling. Here is a little bit of free advice on how to be a hit at a kid’s birthday party. Buy whatever present you plan on giving the kid. Then go to a furniture store and get your hands on a recliner box. Buy some candy and some balloons. Put you present in the recliner box. Put the candy inside the balloons. Then fill the recliner box with the balloons. It is guaranteed to be the most popular gift. They opened my gift first and there were ten kids just ripping away at it. They got the box open, then started throwing the balloons up in the air. It took the kids about another 30 seconds to figure out that there was candy in the balloons. Then the kids started popping all of the balloons. It is quite the scene. Plus of all the gifts that the kids get, the big recliner box is the one thing they will play with the most over the remainder of the day.

No comments: