Monday, March 14, 2011

Million Dollar Idea

Here is a million dollar idea from someone. And I am giving it to you for free. Well almost. If you take this idea and run with it, you have to hook me up for free. I just paid my cable bill. $128 for cable, DVR and internet!!! What a joke. So here is the idea. Become a full service installer of all things not Time Warner Cable. Meaning that someone like me calls you and tells you that they are sick of paying these ridiculous prices, but is too stupid and lazy to circumvent the problem. You come to people's houses and set up their TV to run off the internet and make it user friendly.
I know that you can get just about any show that is on cable from the internet. I have heard Hulu is a good site for that. Not to mention any cable network, ESPN, NBC, FX, AMC, etc all have their shows available on their sites.
A co-worker of mine recently got rid of his cable and does everything through his computer. He even watched the Super Bowl on line. Although he had switch websites once or twice.
As soon as my Time Warner Cable contract is up, I am out. Washing my hands of them, well almost. I am going to get a good laptop, an HD antenna and cutting my now $128 bill down to like $30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I am sorry to hear about your issues with Time Warner but I wanted to let you know about DISH Network who I subscribe too. I get the lowest all-digital prices nationwide. I get over 200 national HD channels which is the most channels out there. As a DISH employee I can even tell you that DISH offers HD Free for Life as a qualified customer. You should check out DishNetwork.com for more info.