Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday, there wasn't too much to my Friday. I played soccer at 9:00. When I got home I watched the Badger basketball game that I recorded. 33 points, some excellent work. I hope they were just resting up for the tournament.
Saturday late morning, I ran the Blarney 5K Run in Wauwatosa. My sister in law, Jody, and her sister, Jill, had registered for the run. I had not decided until the morning of the run to do it. And rather than pay for the registration, I just took an old bib number that I had from a past race. The run started at 11:30 a.m., no big surprise that I showed up only minutes before the race began and I couldn't find Jody or Jill before the run. But the run doubles back on itself and I found them near the turn. They had been ahead of me. I kicked it into gear and caught up with them. I thought I was going to puke when I did. Up until the race, the only training I had done for it was 5 minutes on the treadmill Thursday night. I finished with a pathetic time of 30 minutes 44 seconds. I really need to step it up for this summer's triathlon season.
Saturday night I headed out to the Palmyra-Eagle area to meet up with Chris, Rebecca, Adam, Angela, Al and Vanessa. Chris and Rebecca have just finished remodeling their house. They went with a retro theme and I think it looks great. This is their changing room. I don't even know what the name of the place was that we went to. But it was a bar upstairs and on the lower level is another bar and 4 lane bowling alley. This might make some readers happy, I brought my streak of sobriety to an end. Apparently I am more fun when I am under the influence of alcohol. Before Saturday night, the last drink I had was 3 beers with Jay while helping him at his house around New Years. Here I am with Vanessa and Al doing a shot. I got Al to play the pick a number shot game with me. It is a great game when someone proposes a shot but can decide what to do. You just pick a number and have the bartender count over than many bottles and whatever bottle it is, that is what you do a shot of. Al picked 6 and that turned out to be Tangeray Gin.
Here are Rebecca and Angela.Chris and Rebecca.The entire group at the downstairs bar taking in some appetizers before rolling a couple frames.Excluding the people working, we were the only people downstairs in the bowling alley, so we had the whole place to ourselves. Here is some dancing going on before we started bowling. Check that synchronized dancing.I also got in my standard juke box play at the bowling alley, The End, by The Doors. They are lucky I only played it once. I really liked this place for bowling. And it is old school, no monitors or computers keeping score, just a pencil and sheet of paper. Rodge, how many pins did you get?

No comments: