Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Well Done CBS, Well Done

I got in a lot of college basketball this past weekend. I would say it would be a safe bet to say that I watched at least 20 hours of basketball between Thursday and Sunday. But realistically it is probably closer to 30. I took half days at work on both Thursday and Friday. Probably one of the better ideas I have had in a while. For the first time, all games could be seen start to finish. CBS had games on their network along with TNT, TBS and TruTV. And there were four games going on most of Thursday and Friday. You got to be the producer. It was great just skipping around between games. And here was the big bonus of the entire production. As I was watching games Friday night, I had tuned into one game and it was near the end of the game, so there were a bunch of timeouts. During the commercials, I would flip over to another game. As I was watching this second game, I was keeping my eye on the scoreboard on the top of the screen to see when the game clock started up again. I sat their thinking it would be nice if they had something to let you know when they came back from commercial. Then I realized that the network would have the logo of the channel that the game was on, flash when they came back from commercial so that you wouldn't miss any action. They were one step ahead of me. Who ever was the genius who thought of that deserves a raise. I also thought it was a great idea to have the channel logo up on the scoreboard so that you didn't have to remember who was playing on what channel, you just had to memorize the four channels, that would be 1005, 1202, 1203 and 1220 on you Time Warner Cable provider. I am already looking forward to next years opening round to paddle in and channel surf for a weekend.

No comments: