Thursday, March 10, 2011

Taking Care of Some Loose Ends

It is mid-week so I thought I would address some questions and comments that have been posted on my blog as of late. But before I get to those, let me just point out that since my sister delivered the girl scout cookies I bought from my niece, I have eaten a box a day. That is pretty good right? I am a big fan of the "Thanks A Lots" and "Lemonades".

The book in question for which that passage was from is "Cuba" by Stephen Coonts. It is a book that is along the same lines as a Tom Clancy, "Patriot Games", "Clear and Present Danger", etc.

Julie, I appreciate you checking in to see how disappointing my blog is while you are on vacation in the Dominican Republic, but how disappointing is your vacation if you are checking in on my blog?

Bubs, Yes it is true that you have won my pool before. I have you as a winner in 2002 and 2005. But that was a while ago, I wouldn't be bragging. Wait a minute...yes I would because I have never won. Dan and Tree are also two time winners. I also have Roman and Liz as past winners and Tim is the returning champion.

Borky, I am sorry to disappoint you but that picture was not photoshopped. That said, it is still not 100% real. To get the picture, I stood on a chair, then hung from the rim with one hand. My dad pulled the chair out of the way, ran to the corner (I don't think my dad can run anymore), then I swung back and forth two or three times and threw the ball through the rim as I yelled at my dad to take the picture. If I am not mistaken, the picture was taken with a disposable camera.

A quick side note, I don't know how many readers out there are aware of this, but my dad was in the hospital today for a surgery. About a year ago he had a cochlear implant put into his head. But he was very unhappy with the results. Today he went in to have a new device put into his head. I would have said something earlier, but I didn't learn that he was having the surgery until my sister left me a voicemail this afternoon after the surgery was over with. I guess you could say that I am out of the loop. My sister said that everything went as planned and my dad is doing fine. Now if they could just come up with a surgery that will improve his sheepshead play. Hey Ohhh.

One last topic, I have no idea how many people knew about this or not. Back in December I got together with Justus and Kaker while Kaker was in town, over a couple of drinks. Justus had mentioned at that time that his wedding would be March 13th. For those of you racking your brains thinking of the perfect gift, fear not, according to a text I got from Justus today, the wedding has been pushed off until the end of May. I will go on record as saying that it doesn't happen this year.

I will try to get into some trouble this weekend to entertain all of you loyal readers.

2 comments:

Bubs said...

I hope your dad is doing alright. I think that sheepshead affliction that you speak of is genetic. He's not the only Davies with it! Hey-Oh!

Rickie Davies said...

If it is genetic, how do you explain Justus? Or does Justus look like the milkman?