Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Bowl

Last year I tried to get a Thanksgiving Day Football Game together, but the weather was just too cold. This year however, the weather sort of cooperated and we had a game. Here are a couple of photos. Chucker getting ready to heave it. He proved after the game that he can throw a ball 58 yards.
Ethan and Carson going after the ball.Zach going out for a pass.We had four teams in a and one tournament just like college football should do. Team Kleppe (1st Place), Team Haus (2nd Place), Team Chucker (3rd Place) and Team Rickie. As I mentioned, Team Kleppe was the winner. Here they are. I guess that is what happens when you invite a former D1 quarterback to play football with you. Although I did think I was going to see Kleppe back of his claim of throwing a ball 60 yards, but that didn't happen. I want to thank everyone who came out to play. I hope everyone had a good time. The best idea of the day came from Will Perdue, who at the conclusion of the game said, "Hey, let's go to the bar for just one drink." An MVP was not awarded because as Kleppe stated, "It was a team effort". However, I would like to hand out the Sterling Sharpe award to Josh and Jacob, who both claimed after every play, "Uncle Rick, I was open!!!"

No comments: